Crafting with seashells is great fun any time of the year, but during the hectic holidays, setting aside time for making seashell Christmas ornaments with the kids is even better!
Seashell crafting has unlimited possibilities. When you take out seashells from your last vacation, you bring back those special family memories of times together at the seashore. By crafting seashell Christmas ornaments, you’ll be making fun new memories to go along with the old, and they are sure to last a lifetime, too!
Seashell Crafting Party
You’ll need those very special seashells, glue (A glue gun works well but requires close adult supervision), old buttons (possibly themed buttons), ribbons, bows, scrap fabric and “this and that” from your crafty drawer. We picked up some little straw doll hats and googly eyes especially for this seashell crafting party. All of these things are available at your local craft store, super center, or fabric store. They are pretty inexpensive too, when purchased in bulk bags. For that extra special personal touch, be sure to keep in mind the giver’s and receiver’s favorite colors, hobbies, sports, etc.
Now, with just a little imagination, kids of all ages are ready to create homemade seashell Christmas ornaments for everyone on their list!
You can use a thin Sharpie on an unobtrusive spot for the artist’s name and the year, and you will want to add a little loop of ribbon to the back/top so you can hang your seashell Christmas ornaments on the tree!
Seashell Ornaments for the Baseball Fan
Top Ten Reasons to Seashell Craft with Kids (Not necessarily in any order!)
1) Seashell crafting with kids brings back happy memories of times together at the seashore.
2) Seashell crafting with kids gives you the chance to make even more fun-filled family memories!
3) Doing crafts together gives everyone a chance to use his or her imagination. Go crazy, be creative!
3) Crafting with kids gives them a chance to make gifts from the heart – and then give them to others.
4) Hey, you get to set the littlest ones up on your lap. Enough said!
5) Seashell crafting is something the whole family can do together! It’s a wonderful bonding opportunity.
6) Everyone achieves that sense of accomplishment! Liam, our almost-4-year-old grandson, couldn’t wait to take some of his special seashell artwork to school for “Show and Tell.”
7) If you are seashell crafting with the kids, you know where they are… and what they are doing.
8) Seashell crafting with kids requires no TV, no computer, and no video screen!
9) It’s so much fun in so many ways! ~ Just saying “googly” seems to crack kids up!
10) After the clean-up: Hot chocolate and a plate of Christmas cookies to celebrate a job well-done. Ahhhhhhhhhh!
*Please come on back and share your seashell Christmas ornament photos with us! We’d love to see them!*