Top Ten Dog Beaches in the US
Posted by Jody on September 6, 2011
Today’s Featured Writer: Alaina Diehl
We love beaches, we love dogs! Although the family Chihuahuas are probably too small to enjoy the pleasures that an ocean beach has to offer (think shark hors d’oeuvres), we know many people out there want to spend their beach vacation with their lovable 4-legged friends.
Below we have a list of the Top 10 Dog Friendly Beaches in the United States from PetVR.com.
Maybe you will plan to hit one of these beaches on your next vacation with Rover.
10. Pistol River State Scenic Viewpoint, Oregon
9. Ft. Fisher State Recreation Area, North Carolina
8. St. George Island, Florida
7. Fort Funston State Park, California
6. Hunting Island, South Carolina
5. Carmel City Beach, California
4. Cape San Blas, Florida
3. Dog Beach, California
2. Fort DeSoto Beach, Florida
1. Del Mar Beach San Diego, California
Honorable Mention: Beaches of Sanibel and Captiva Islands
Read more at PetVR to find out why these beaches are the friendliest places to bring your pooch(es).
Dogs aren’t allowed on all beaches, so know before you go! Many state beaches will have rules available on their websites, or you can find out at http://www.dogfriendly.com if the beach you want to visit is one of the 200 + dog friendly coastal beaches!
Here are two simple tips on how to “share the beach” with non-dog owners, so we can help keep beaches pet friendly:
– Always follow leash laws!
Although some beaches have off leash areas, please respect other beach visitors by keeping your dog on a leash where required. When you are in off leash areas, make sure your dog is well-behaved and responds to voice commands. Be sure to pay attention to your dog.
– Always remember to clean up after your dog by removing pet waste. This keeps the beach a clean place for everyone.
Please remember to share us with your friends and Like us on Facebook. Thank you!
*Alaina, Thanks for the great post! Let’s head to those Top Ten Dog Friendly Beaches soon!!
Love, Chica and Paco*