Easy Breezy Tips for the Perfect Beach Picnic!
Posted by Jody on October 17, 2011
The perfect picnic really is a day at the beach! Seriously, is there a better way to spend the day? What’s more, if you bring a picnic, you don’t even have to leave and come back when you get hungry. There are a few small hazards and pitfalls, of course, but Reader’s Digest has put together an easy breezy list of “10 Tips for the Perfect Picnic at the Beach.” They covered everything but the basic sunscreen and towels, and you could almost use this tip-list as a checklist when you start packing the car:
1. Take as much finger food as possible, to reduce the necessity of lugging around silverware and plates. This tip is earth friendly, too! Fruit, veggies, non-mayo dips and the best cheese choices for a sunny day at the beach are all included in the details of this tip from 10 Tips for the Perfect Picnic at the Beach. You’ll have your own finger food choices to pack in your family’s picnic basket. Think of your simplest “party foods,” and you’ve got the idea!
2.Keep the kids happy. aka: Beach themed foods! Children of all ages like Goldfish, what flavor don’t they come in?
3. Use a shade umbrella or tent. Or you can get to your favorite spot early to lay claim to the ready-made shade.
4. You can’t have too many hand wipes (baby wipes work too!) to help with cleanup. No explanation needed for this handy tip!
5. Brownies and cookies are good portable desserts. Also, no explanation needed ;-). Keep in mind that this may not be the right meal for chocolate chips and other ooey-gooey melty treats.
6. Take along bottles of partially frozen water. Keeping both you and your water cool is the whole idea.
7. Don’t forget a bottle opener. A can opener, maybe? (But, please, no glass at the beach!)
8. Spread your picnic on a tablecloth on the sand. A tablecloth is so much lighter to pack, and it won’t hold as much sand when it comes time to shake it out!
9. Tote your drinks in a cooler. Well, this one certainly makes good sense!
10. Don’t forget to take some games to play after the food is eaten! Your family will have their favorites to bring along, but Reader’s Digest has some tips to get you started. *We’ve have seen the plastic playing cards (online) designed for the beach!
Check out the details from this helpful article: Picnic Ideas: 10 Tips for the Perfect Beach Picnic
Do you have a family beach picnic tip to share? We’d love to hear from you! Please share your suggestions in the comment box below.
Have a great day at the beach!