©2011-2017 Beach Treasures And Treasure Beaches.com.

Thoughtful Thursday

Posted by Jody on May 2, 2013

La Jolla, Southern California

La Jolla, Southern California

“When was the last time you spent a quiet moment just doing nothing –

just sitting and looking at the sea, or watching the wind blowing the tree limbs,

or waves rippling on a pond, a flickering candle or children playing in the park?”

~ Ralph Marston, The Daily Motivator

16 Responses to “Thoughtful Thursday”

1. shazzarob said

I love to do that, just sit and stare at the sea and the waves crashing and the giant clouds.Not often I get to do that.x

Too long ago!

3. tosid01 said

Beautiful! Are those Seals in the water or rocks? My Whale and Seal pics are up!

Great, thanks! I’m thinking that they certainly could be rocks, but La Jolla is a very happy place for both Harbor seals and California sea lions!

4. Ruth said

I would very much like to be doing nothing right now, that couple have got the right idea.

I know! Even when we are near the beach, we rarely just sit and do nothing. I’m going to do that more often from now on!

5. I knew I recognized that beach – we are so blessed living in North County S.D. Would never go back to CT. I gravitate to water . . .

6. mhdriver said

Looking at all these beautifuf pictures of the ocean ( mostly Pacific) I’m getting kind of home sick. I’m in land now on a big lake in Georgia. Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a like.

But you have water! We have the “mighty” Rio Grande which is quite low right now. Back in Chicago, we would have called that a creek. :- ) Hoping to take paddleboard lessons if the water comes up this season.

7. Fossillady said

Beautiful photo and lovely thoughts

8. Marianne said

That’s a good question!

We were in Santa Cruz last week for a bit before a family wedding. It was a great opportunity to sit and just look out at the sea! ~We did quite a bit of walking too! 🙂