©2011-2016 Beach Treasures And Treasure Beaches.com.

Santa Cruz-a-palooza (Part 1: The Boardwalk)

Posted by Jody on May 9, 2013

Midweek in early May 2013 at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk on California’s Central Coast

“World’s Best Seaside Amusement Park” ~ Amusement Today

~~~~

Where’s your favorite Boardwalk? We’d love to know!

Helpful link~ Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk Amusement Park

12 Responses to “Santa Cruz-a-palooza (Part 1: The Boardwalk)”

1. Maryanne said

I love boardwalks. My favorite is in the Wildwoods in New Jersey. It has five piers and is truly magical (and luckily spared from the hurricane last fall!)

Oh, I’m so glad to hear that! I was wondering about the Jersey Shore structures. Thanks so much for the update & “favorite.”

2. Marianne said

When I was a young girl, growing up in New Jersey, I loved the visits to the boardwalk “down the shore”. I still have a cameo pin my mother bought for me there. I loved the vintage look even way back then 🙂
    Thanks for the memories, Jody. xo

How wonderful! I love hearing about how special and sweet your mother was! Thanks so much for sharing such a lovely memory.

3. SC is one of hubs old surfing spots! We drove down the coast from SF once and he showed me everywhere he used to surf but I never got into the town!

Oooooh, the surfers! We had a blast watching the surfers Friday morning! Some one must have given the “Surf’s Up!” holler because everyone who had a surfboard came running!! It was great fun.

Looks like fun

The boardwalk was all bight and shiny with a its new coat of paint. I’ll bet it’s really packed with happy families when the summer hits!

5. Ruth said

Our Hawaiian friends moved to Santa Cruz about 15 years ago, we visited and I remember thinking what a ‘cool’ place it was and we had the most amazing odwalla smoothies. They’ve since moved to L.A

We were very impressed by everything in Santa Cruz! I had no idea how beautiful it was until we stayed in town last week. It was a wonderful trip! I’d love to go back some day and spend more time.

6. seapunk2 said

I love this post! Santa Cruz could be a destination for me, though not in the warmer weather – I’m spoiled now… 😀
    Your photos are inspirational.

Hey there! Thanks! We just got back from a family wedding in Oakdale, CA and had a couple days to spend on the coast. Loved it (of course)!