©2011-2016 Beach Treasures And Treasure Beaches.com.

Happy Mother’s Day!

Posted by Jody on May 11, 2013

IMG_0674

Mother and Daughter on the Oregon Coast

A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.

~Washington Irving, Author

11 Responses to “Happy Mother’s Day!”

1. mhdriver said

Happy Mothers Day too you.

2. Celia said

Beautiful quotation and photograph, Jody. Happy Mother’s Day!
    CHC

P.S. I think Washington Irving lived with his mother until she died.

3. This looks like a wonderfully fun mother and daughter day! I hope your Mother’s Day was amazing, Jody. 🙂

Thank you! I had a very nice Mother’s Day! I was able to spend a few days with my mother. I hope yours was great too!

• Hi Jody, My Mother’s Day was awesome. I even got flowers, and I ‘m not even a mother! 🙂 My best friend and I went to San Francisco for the weekend. She abandoned all her kids and their kids and any entertaining that might have entailed, and off we went.

Oh, I saw that! San Francisco is a really great getaway. I’m so glad you had the whole, wonderful weekend to yourselves!

• Thanks, Jody. It was fun. I almost had our second tour ready to publish last night, but I ran out of steam, and had to go watch the news about the tornados. So sad, and frightening! M.

Yes, it is! Two of my daughters went to school in OK (Tulsa & OKC). It’s a very scary time of year in that area. ~I’ll look for your Part II!

• I have been barely into Kansas, but Oklahoma is one state I have never visited. I was offered a scholarship followed by a job in Norman, OK nearly 30 years ago. My first husband would have needed to find a church to pastor in that area. He found a church in Ivanhoe, CA. So here I am, 28 years later, still in Central California with no regrets, but much sorrow for the folks in OK.