©2011-2017 Beach Treasures And Treasure Beaches.com.

WoooHooo! Chocolate for Sun Protection!

Posted by Jody on March 6, 2014

Just in case you missed it, there’s even more good news for beachcombers!

First wine, and now chocolate for sun protection… It keeps getting better and better.

As if we needed another reason to eat chocolate: German researchers have shown that ingesting types rich in cocoa solids and flavonoids—dark chocolate—can fight skin cancer! Their findings are only preliminary because they come from a trial of just 24 women who were recruited to add cocoa to their breakfasts every day for about 3 months. (Why, oh why, wasn’t I one of them?)

…Moreover, after 12 weeks of consuming the flavanol-rich cocoa, the women’s skin was 16 percent denser, 11 percent thicker, 13 percent moister, 30 percent less rough, and 42 percent less scaly than it was at the beginning of the experiment. Although the mechanism for most of these benefits remains unclear, the Düsseldorf researchers suspect that improved blood flow was a contributor. (Source: ScienceNews.org)

I only have one question: Where do I sign up for the next study?

My Stash (©Jody Diehl)

Hmmmmm. Wine, chocolate…Would you like to have a guess as to what the next study might involve? 😉

I’ll skip the botox! Please pass the chocolate!

Check it out: Chocolate as Sunscreen

Wine (& Grapes) for Sun Protection

19 Responses to “WoooHooo! Chocolate for Sun Protection!”

1. PigLove said

OH WOW! My mommy is going to enjoy this – snorts. XOXO – Bacon

3. Ruth said

My better half will be very happy to have some justification for his chocolate habit.

4. I need to reblog this; a great way to celebrate Friday!

Many thanks, Princess Rosebud! Chocolate and beaches… what more can I say? We do have a whole bunch of fun stuff in common it seems.

5. Reblogged this on Enchanted Seashells…Confessions of a Tugboat Captain's Wife and commented:
    Happy Friday, everyone! My friend at Beach Treasures came up with some valuable info about another way to get benefits from chocolate. Enjoy!

6. beachy117 said

Reblogged this on Coastal Bend Life and commented:
    I’m going to try this!!

7. beachy117 said

I am so loving this!!!

8. […] by Jody https://beachtreasuresandtreasurebeaches.com/2014/03/06/wooohooo-chocolate-for-sun-protection/#commen…  March 6, […]

9. Having just had my first skin cancer removed and being a chocoholic please protect yourself with clothing and sunscreen first then have your candy 🙂